NEU - Interactive learning & teaching: making things spark in lecturing and seminars
In an academic environment where lectures and seminars are not always compulsory and students can download the lectures from the online course platform, some students may simply not attend. So how can lecturers combat this situation? One solution is to offer students an experience of lecturing and seminars that encourages them to participate more in lectures and to lead more in seminars.
Lectures and seminars that are more interactive play a key role in clarifying misconceptions and aiding memory. Furthermore, when students engage with each other over content they are much more likely to put in more and get out more. This, in turn, usually leads to increased attendance. Most importantly, an approach which asks students to take greater control of their learning has the potential to empower students to take responsibility for their own learning.
This practical two-day workshop introduces ways to make lectures and seminars more interactive. Day 1 focuses on lectures and Day 2 on seminars. A key driver on both days is getting participants to ‘interactivise’ and deliver a five minute section of a lecture and a seminar to their peers.
This course is ideal for university lecturers who want to introduce greater interactivity into their lectures and seminars or for those who are looking for new ideas to add to those they already use.
Topics will include:
- The key drivers of effective lectures and seminars
- The key roles teachers play in large-group and smaller group teaching
- Creating presence through body language and voice
- Exploring interactive, context-appropriate activities like the Flipped Classroom
- Communicating effectively with national and international students
- Preparing and delivering lectures and seminars
YOU AS PARTICIPANTS
- make lectures more dynamic, challenging and enjoyable.
- build stronger relationships with students by increasing their engagement with content.
- promote greater student autonomy.
- increase the energy and effectiveness of lectures and seminars.
- help students process and retain content more efficiently.
- feel more confident about their use of English when teaching.
Di. 12.12.2023: 10:15 - 18:00 Uhr
Mi. 13.12.2023: 09:00 - 16:30 Uhr
Andrew Weale (Trainers, Coaches and Authors)
Lehr- und Lernkonzepte: 16.5 AE
Intern: 400,00 € (Teilnehmende aus den Mitglieds-/Partnerhochschulen)
Extern: 1.040,00 € (Teilnehmende, die nicht einer Mitglieds-/Partnerhochschule angehören)
Details hierzu erhalten Sie in der Bestätigungsmail nach Anmeldung.
Die Veranstaltung wurde abgesagt.